Saturday, November 29, 2008

Four Christmases



So I went to see this movie last night. It wasn't our first choice, but we arrived late and the movie we wanted to view already passed. Well anyways, this movie wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but then again I didn't really expect much from it. It was surprisingly funny (not hilarious), and the main characters had a little more depth to them than what I expected.

Vince Vaughn- Plays the same role he does in every movie. Blehhh

Reese Witherspoon- Was her usual self, plays typical blond with family problems, discovers something about herself and then tries to make changes. Whoopty Doo...I find myself attracted to her though.

Robert Duvall- My favorite character from the movie (Vince Vaughn's father), though it was a secondary character, I found it to be very well done.


Though I usually hate watching Romantic Comedies, let alone Romantic Holiday Comedies, I 've come to the conclusion that I despise these things not because they are typically horribly made, but because I envy the characters in the film. It's not even the fact that these usually end happily, it's that in reality these ideal endings are exactly what they are....IDEAL

"IDEAL" exist but is never attainable. It is the concept of perfection or what is thought to be perfect or flawless. We all have our own vision of what ideal is to us, but no one ever attains it, we will always settle for the next best thing, if not we settle for the next best thing after than and so on...the cycle continues until we find ourselves satisfied with mediocrity.

I will never be satisfied.

No comments: