Sunday, December 7, 2008

Another Movie filled weekend

Now I am no film expert or film buff, but I have taken a few film classes and I love using what I learned in those classes and picking apart films and then discussing them on the drive the home. Its like our own little weekend ritual.

Friday Night/Saturday Morning

Okay after a friend's grad party we were desperate for a movie, but everything was closed at 1 am so our resort was Wal-Mart's $1 rental machine...We picked up 2 flicks, I got "Re-Cycle" and She got "An American Crime."

We didn't even bother watching "Re-Cycle" mainly b/c it was in japanese and subtitled and We didnt want to bother. Basically threw away a dollar here.



But "An American Crime" was good. It wasn't like a masterpiece or anything like that film wise, but it was a very heart felt story, I wanted to punch Denys' laptop screen as we were watching it and I LOVED IT!

It's based on a true story about a trial on this evil bitch who abused a child. It has Ellen Page starring as Sylvia Likens, and you can google/youtube her story and you'll get a good idea of what this film is about. Now if you know me, then you know I love sick sad movies and this is definitely one of them.

NOW on Sunday


After having Lunch at one of our usual Sunday spots we had to catch another flick, we ended up seeing "Cadillac Records"



This movie was really enjoyable, I thought the casting director did a superb job picking the actors and actresses in their roles. Also the whole cast did great portraying their characters...EVEN Beyonce, yes that's right Beyonce did a pretty good job, even though she had her moments where I could see she kinda lost Character and we saw a little Sasha Fierce coming through. But her scene in the restaurant I think was powerful. Mos Def as Chuck Berry and Eamonn Walker as Howlin' Wolf were perfect...also the guy that played Little Walter was also good, we later found out the actor was from "thats so Raven" he's gonna look familiar when you see this movie LOL.

This movie was a little short, I wish they could have made it longer and went a little deeper, but nonetheless this movie was really enjoyable and entertaining. I loved the older people in the theater with us, they were all laughing and giggling as we were watching the movie. It was like they had a piece of their childhood/teenaged years back and they were re-living it. I wish when we get older and we somehow are still doing this little Sunday ritual we'd be like these nostalgic movie goers, except instead of a movie about Cadillac Records, we'll catch a movie about Ruthless Records (inside joke) It's All Good!

Really It is

3 comments:

Angel said...

I'm waiting for the day when Beyonce leaves behind the acting role of a Singer and tries to play someone besides herself...

SoFA KiNG said...

yea I agree...for her to be taken absolutely serious about acting she will have to be in a non-singer/diva role

blctxt said...

Yo I thought the movie was dope.
I was even more suprised to see Howlin' Wolf cuz that's my dude!
But Beyonce stepped her game up on this one, I must say.
Your girl Angel is right though, let's do something more than be a fine-ass singer in a movie.
Beyonce the crack-head anyone?
I'd see it-TWICE!!
-blctxt